Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Am I crazy?

DH and I got away for a couple of days. Just us with no DD ;-)

The day before we came home, DH busts out with "I really want another baby." I started looking around behind me to see if he had a younger, more fertile model waiting in the background. There was not. We talked about it for a bit more, but honestly.....I just didn't see it happening. We came home and went about our business. Then I realized I was late. Not just a little late, but a lot late. I kinda freaked (but to myself). I took a test and there was a faint line. The next day I took a second one and there was no second line. The next day I started......and I cramped badly...BADLY!!! But two days later, I was fine. It was weird. So, I was cleaning out a kitchen cabinet that we keep some medicines in that we use. Imagine my surprise when I found 2 months worth of Clomid in there.

I prayed. And I prayed some more. And then I prayed some more. And then a childhood friend got in contact with me and while we were chatting, she asked why we had never had anymore kids. I briefly told her and she asked if we ever wanted anymore. I told her that we would have loved to have more kids. Instead of asking me what we had been through or what we were willing to go through, she just said that she was going to get down on her knees and pray that we were blessed with another child. That night, I took a Clomid. (They were still in date) Tomorrow I will start the OPK.

I still can't believe I am doing this. And I will be honest and say that I didn't even tell DH about it. I don't want him to get his hopes up. It would be the biggest blessing at this point. Who would have thought. I hate getting my own hopes up, but I am kind of excited about the possibility. I am in my 40's now. The chances are VERY slim. But the possiblility......

I am crazy - aren't I????

No comments: