Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Liberation

Having come to terms with different relationships among the family and realizing that things were not going to change, I finally decided, that I didn't care anymore.

If SIL#1 wants to life her life as a big fat lie and let her hubby and his girlfriend walk all over her....thank that is her choice. I don't HAVE to pretend anymore. She may want me to, but it doesn't mean I will. I will no longer try to talk around the truth with my DD anymore. If she asks me.....I tell her. It is quiet liberating!

If SIL#3 & BIL#3 wants to bring their brood over to our house or the IL's house, do not expect us to clean up after you! If you feed your baby, clean up the mess! If you change a diaper, throw it away! I am NOT your maid and I will NOT be treated as such anymore!!!

SIL #2 has been a big blessing to us lately. She comes to visit and does so much to help with the IL's. It is very reassuring to know she is there when we need her.

If my parents want to think that things are fine....let them! I can't put myself in that place again and I'm certainly not dragging DD there.

I have prayed a lot about these different situations and it feels sooo good to have peace about it.

No comments: