Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not meant to be???

That is the question I have been asking myself since yesterday evening. When I got off of work, I went over to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription. I paid for it and thought at the time that it should have been twice the amount they had me pay, but I was in a hurry and needed desperately to do some food shopping so we could eat dinner and DD would be able to eat in the morning. Not to mention, I was trying to get all this done before I went to pick her up. I went and got my groceries and got them unloaded and while I was waiting to pay I pulled out the prescription and looked....2.5 mg....take 1 tab.....WHAT!!! I was supposed to have 5.0 mg!!! I looked at my watch, but it was too late to call the doctor's office. I paid for my groceries and went back to the pharmacy, but they couldn't do anything.

So, first thing this morning, I called and spoke with the head nurse (she was off last week) and she apologized for the mix-up, but said she would call and have it ready by lunch. So I don't go out to eat with everyone else, instead I go back to the pharmacy and would you believe....they don't have it!!!! I am stunned and somewhat dismayed! I get some lunch, come back to work and I just call over there to see if they have it yet (it is almost 4:00 p.m.).....they don't! I sit back in my chair. I am really not sure how I feel except that I am now wondering if the good Lord is trying to tell me that this is not the way for me to be going. I call over to the doctor's office again and she tells me that she will not be able to get the prescriptions done for another 45 minutes. Then I would have to wait at least 20 minutes for the pharmacy to put the little pills in a bottle, print a label and do their paperwork. Which means I will probably not be able to get them today either. DH is supposed to be out tonight so I have to get DD picked up early tonight (since I was late yesterday). This is so frustrating!!! I went ahead and took 5.0 mg last night and I will be able to tonight, but I HAVE to get that prescription tomorrow!!


I woke up this morning with a killer headache that was bad enough to make my eyelids swell almost shut. Boy that was pretty. Luckily, I took some Advil and it eventually (along with the caffeine) worked and I am feeling okay now. I am actually hoping that it is just allergies that are bothering me and it's not the Femara. I really want this to work this time...really....really...really!

2 comments:

Leslie Laine said...

As a recent victim to my nurse's forgetfulness (I refuse to call it incompetence, yet), I understand your frustration. I try to avoid the "maybe this wasn't meant to be" thoughts, preferring to believe that this is another one of those little tests I have to get through.

Now, I don't know how many tests we're all going to have to go through to see a couple of pink lines, but I'm hopeful that someday this is all going to make it more worth it.

I hope, hope, hope you get your prescription tomorrow. Hang in there. It looks like you successfully made it through this test!

Caz said...

I see it's not just the Pharmacies on this side of the pond that screw up.

Hope you get the prescription and that it'll all be so worth it soon xx