Friday, March 13, 2009

Update

I am officially NOT pregnant. But let me tell you the entire story.....

I had had some lab test run on Tuesday and when they were taking the like 3 vials of blood, I kept coming real close to passing out. I then had to go to the grocery and when I walked into the produce section which is followed by the seafood, I started to gag. That got me thinking.....so while I was in there I got another little stick to pee on. Got back to work and was going to wait until I got home, but patience has never been one of my virtues so I went ahead and took it. POSITIVE!!! Not a strong positive, but it was early. DH was out of town, so I decided to wait to say anything to him until I saw him. In the meantime, the dog was getting sicker and sicker and I had been trying to explain to DD that she might die and no longer be with us. Wednesday I came home and she was even worse, I took another test, and again BFP, but still not two dark lines. DH gets home and then he is busy with the dog and she ends up dying in our arms that night. I was so upset, I actually completely forgot about it. Thursday morning, I finally tell him that I think I might be pregnant, but it is early so I am not certain. The workday ends with the spotting and cramping and me trying not to freak out. Last night (still Thursday), I am giving DD a bath and the phone rings.....it is my doctor giving me the results of the lab tests he had run. I asked if there was any of the blood left and there was one vial. I told him about the pregnancy tests and he says he will call me right back. It was about an hour before he calls back. His office is in the hospital, so he has access to the labs right there at his fingertips. He ran the tests and my levels came back low. (by the way......my family doctor is also a friend, so I was hoping he would be able to do this for me) Since this blood was two days old he suggested that I have the test run today just to make sure. I called my OB this morning and was able to talk to him. He had me come in and did a quick ultrasound............there was nothing to see..............just an empty, useless, good for nothing uterus. So I opted not to have more blood drawn. I have to decide this morning if I am even go to go the Femara route this month or just let it go.

I am tired. I am sad. I am feeling worthless. Why can't my body do what it is supposed to????

I haven't heard from SIL#1 yet. The only one she is talking to right now is MIL and she really isn't telling her anything either. I guess I don't blame her. IVF is very personal, but I want to pray for specifics. Not that that really matters either, I can just pray!!!!

1 comment:

Leslie Laine said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news - I thought it sounded kind of promising when I first read it.

You are not useless, and neither is your uterus! Obviously, something was going on down there, which is reason for hope! Take it from me, I have NEVER, EVER, seen even a hint of two lines, so seeing them even for a couple of days means that something's going right down there.

I'm sorry this happened, but I hope that after a little time to lick your wounds (and it sounds like there's a lot to grieve over right now with your dog too), you'll find the hope to get back on the wagon and keep working at this.

Maybe God was sending you just a little hint that you need to keep pushing onward.

Again, I'm so sorry about the disappointment. It must be even harder after seeing two lines...

Do something nice for yourself and know that I'm praying for you.

Hang in there - we're one day closer to being moms!