Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Who has the time - Part 2

I gave in last night and returned a phone call to GF. I knew better....but I did it anyway. First thing after I say "Hi GF"....she goes...."let me call you right back".... and she did and then she did it again....three times!!! When we finally got to have an actual conversation (and I use that term loosely)....it was ALL about how she found this house that she thought she was going to love from the description, but saw pictures of it and didn't like the sink in the kitchen and when they drove by it, she thought it was an ugly house and heaven forbid if she lived in an ugly house. Quote from GF..."I can't have people drive up to my new bigger house and even though it has 5 bedroom and 3.5 baths and that huge bonus room think that the "B" live in an ugly house. If it comes down to that, we will just stay in the house we are in right now. I cannot stand houses that look like boxes!" You have got to be kidding me.....does she realize she just insulted me and a few of our friends with that statement!

Meanwhile...while this conversation is going on, I realize that I have inadvertently locked my DD and I out of our house. I said something a couple of times about it and you know what......got NO response!!! She was so into her house hunt for the perfect, beautiful house that she had no idea what was going on with other people besides herself. After this....I pulled one of her stunts and told her I needed to call her right back and hung up the phone. Needless to say, I have not called her back!

Why am I surprised about this....and why did I set myself up for this?!?!?! You would think I would know better by now. She knows what DH and I are going through, so I keep thinking she is a friend I need to stick with. I need to reevaluate that, don't you think?

1 comment:

Leslie Laine said...

Yes. Re-evaluate immediately.

I did some "friend" housekeeping recently, and although it was painful in the short run, I am sooo much happier. I am so glad that I'm not having to deal with coffee shop dates in which I cringe at what this one friend in particular would say to me about my IF issues. I would leave feeling so much worse than when I first got there.

So, I've stopped doing it. And, although it was hurtful at first, I'm so glad I did. It's just nice to not have to deal with that anymore. The relationship was all about me taking care of her (and walking her through her IF issues, coincidentally), but when it came to my needs, she was absent, or just plain rude in her responses.

You just don't need that in your life right now. This stuff is too volatile and painful to deal with, and the negativity sucks.

Those are just my thoughts! :)