Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And the drama continues....

Even though I have struggled with NOT being pregnant at the moment and struggling to even get that way, I am genuine in my happiness for SIL#1. This weekend, I took DD out and told her we needed to get a little gift for a baby. I didn't tell her what was going on (at her age, she isn't the best secret keeper), and she helped to pick out a cute little bear. It had some markings on it that were very appropriate to DD nickname. I wrapped it all up that night and made a nice card to go with it. Sunday when it was just DD, SIL#1 and I, I had DD give it to her. She opened it, thanked us, never opened the card and threw it all in the back seat. I thought that was a little weird, but went on. After about 10 minutes, she started asking me some pregnancy related questions and told me that she was trying to stay calm and not get her hopes up. Their first IVF attempt came back positive but ended up being an ectopic, so she was trying to just lay low. I completely understood. But I was still happy for her and wanted her to know that and to know that we were still praying and would continue to do so. After lunch, SIL#1 just got up and left. DD was heartbroken and SIL#3 thought she had said something or done something to offend her (she sometimes thinks the world revolves around her). That evening at the IL's house, my MIL cornered me wanting to let me know that SIL#1 was very upset that I knew what was going on. I was instructed to not repeat a word of any of it to anyone. WHAT~!~! The only reason I knew anything to begin with was because she had told us.............in the middle of a store!!!! I was livid! I stayed calm and told my her that I knew what was going on because she had told us. I had not been going around telling anyone (except on here and no one here knows me IRL). I told MIL to tell her that going forward, I was not going to ask her anything. She could come to me.

Imagine my surprise last night when SIL#1 actually called me to update me :-) Apparently MIL did not remember telling me anything last week (she is getting a tad bit forgetful in her old age), and kept insisting that I had to have gotten my info someplace else. SIL#1 knows that MIL's mind is not what it used to me and realized that she probably should not tell her anything until she is certain. (Is any of this making any sense?) Anyway......SIL#1 was tested again yesterday and her levels are up..............yippeeee!!!! She is going to test again on Friday and then they will schedule and u/s.

1 comment:

Leslie Laine said...

Hmmm...interesting. It sounds like your sister in law wants for you to know what's going on. Glad to hear that things worked out for her, but I know that must be a little hard for you. I'm praying that this cycle is the one for you. I've heard good things about Femara. Hopefully, all the stars will be in allignment this month for you. I'm praying. :)